For known reasons, everyone’s trying to save money on fuel these days. So today we bring you these five tips for fuel-efficient driving when you hire a car in Uganda or any other destination for that matter
1. Don’t be a lead foot. Putting the “pedal to the metal” wastes fuel because the harder you accelerate, the more fuel is wasted. Press the accelerator pedal gently. A good rule of thumb for optimal fuel-efficient driving is to take about five seconds to accelerate your vehicle up to 15 miles per hour from a stop. For a manual transmission, use a moderate throttle position and shift between 2000 and 2500 rpm.
2. Keep it steady. Dips in speed combined with spurts of acceleration can increase your fuel use by up to 20 percent. One easy fuel efficient driving technique is using cruise control on the highway.
3. Stay alert. Keep your vehicle’s momentum by planning your maneuvers ahead of time. Pay attention to the road ahead, anticipate the movements of pedestrians and other drivers, and keep a safe distance from the car in front of you. This will save you fuel and keep you safe on the road.
4. Don’t slam on the brakes. Sometimes, to avoid an accident, you have no choice. But in regular driving situations, coasting toward a stop sign or red light helps you conserve fuel and save money. It’s not only a fuel-efficient driving habit; it’s also easier on your tires and brakes, which helps you save on maintenance and repair costs.
5. Slow down. While every model is different, most vehicles’ fuel mileage starts to tank at speeds above 50 mph. Slowing down can also save you money on those speeding tickets.
Aside from exercising these fuel efficient driving techniques, keeping your tires properly inflated and following the vehicle’s maintenance schedule will also help you save money on fuel.Should you need to hire a car, just reach out to us on +256758-540071 or by email to email@example.com